The Extraordinary Gazette notification by the President dissolving Parliament was published on midnight March 02, 2020. The General Election will be held on April 25, 2020, while nominations would be accepted between March 12 and 19. The new Parliament is to meet on May 14, 2020.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- "මැතිවරණ කොමිෂන් සභාවේ අවසරයකින් තොරව ජනාධිපතිවරයා අමත්යාංශ ලේකම්වරුන් හත්දෙනෙකු පත්කිරීම නීතිවිරෝධී බව සඳහන් කරමි… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- "Bandula's statement on Rs. 5000 meaningless" –TNLRN News Radio, 23/05/2020 newsradio.lk/local/bandulas… #COVID19… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- '"For any government funding, after [the] three months, if you are doing any spending you have to obtain parliament… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Our stand on complaints against the Director General of Samurdhi –Sirasa News, 15/05/2020 youtube.com/watch?v=e0BfR7…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- සමෘද්ධි අධ්යක්ෂක ජෙනරාල්වරයාට එරෙහි පැමිණිලි පිලිබඳ අපගේ ස්ථාවරය –Sirasa News 15/05/2020 youtu.be/8ZmcIoftmVA… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago