Title: An exposure visit with the view to share the experiences and best practices associated to local government related processes of participatory and citizen-centered governance was conducted in Passara Pradeshiya Sabha on the 8th, 9th and 10th of November, as a part of the project titled ‘’Enhancing capacities of Local Authorities and Non-State Actors to address socio-economic concerns’’ implemented by CBM in partnership with European Union. CMEV was the facilitator of this exchange visit conducted Under the theme of “Learning better practices from Passara Pradeshiya Sabha’’ Around 50 participants who took part in this initiative from the Northern and southern provinces were able to imbibe important best practices of citizen-centered local governance while sharing their experience in relation to the community friendly innovative service mechanism driven by Passara Pradeshiya Sabha with the assistance of Passara Citizen Council (PZC) . PZC is a prime example for the citizen based initiatives which have been formulated with the view to improving the services and facilities provided by the local government authorities towards their own communities.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- 'Fulfill your duty and responsibility to the people', the March 12 Movement for Clean Politics asks of Parliamentar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 'CMEV is compiling a report urging that action be taken to immediately arrest the rising trend of islandwide incid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- 'It was only in 2005 that approximately 200,000 eligible citizens had not been registered as electors, that too due… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Election observers invite all religious leaders to come forward in support of clean electoral candidates, who fulfi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Launch of the report of the Civil Society Committee to review the Provincial Council Election System. The report ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago