Title: An exposure visit with the view to share the experiences and best practices associated to local government related processes of participatory and citizen-centered governance was conducted in Passara Pradeshiya Sabha on the 8th, 9th and 10th of November, as a part of the project titled ‘’Enhancing capacities of Local Authorities and Non-State Actors to address socio-economic concerns’’ implemented by CBM in partnership with European Union. CMEV was the facilitator of this exchange visit conducted Under the theme of “Learning better practices from Passara Pradeshiya Sabha’’ Around 50 participants who took part in this initiative from the Northern and southern provinces were able to imbibe important best practices of citizen-centered local governance while sharing their experience in relation to the community friendly innovative service mechanism driven by Passara Pradeshiya Sabha with the assistance of Passara Citizen Council (PZC) . PZC is a prime example for the citizen based initiatives which have been formulated with the view to improving the services and facilities provided by the local government authorities towards their own communities.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- 'CMEV and PAFFREL have prepared a report on limiting campaign finances for elections - it is now essential that thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- '@mgajanayake said the term of six provincial councils have lapsed and stressed the importance of conducting electi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- CMEV proposes that legislation limit campaign finances be discussed by Parliament, with comments from National Coor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @CPASL: Executive Director @PSaravanamuttu explains the grounds on which CPA filed papers to challenge President Sirisena's November 9th… 3 months ago
- '@mgajanayake added that the Committee must conclude its deliberation during the stipulate two month-period and dem… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago