CMEV conducted an interview with Asanga Welikala, Senior Researcher at the Centre for Policy Alternatives over the confusion arising from key presidential candidate Sarath Fonseka not having a vote, and the confusion significantly fuelled by State media that he is ineligible to be elected as President as a consequence.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- 'Fulfill your duty and responsibility to the people', the March 12 Movement for Clean Politics asks of Parliamentar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 'CMEV is compiling a report urging that action be taken to immediately arrest the rising trend of islandwide incid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 'It was only in 2005 that approximately 200,000 eligible citizens had not been registered as electors, that too due… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Election observers invite all religious leaders to come forward in support of clean electoral candidates, who fulfi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Launch of the report of the Civil Society Committee to review the Provincial Council Election System. The report ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago