CMEV has been engaging in various initiatives of empowering disability organizations to achieve their political rights with special emphasis to voting rights of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and to create an inclusive discourse with that regard ensuring that the popular disability-related slogan ‘Nothing about us without us’ is given its true meaning. To this effect, CMEV has been conducting a series of programs aimed at the realization of the political / voting rights of the persons with disabilities in parallel with both national level elections held in the previous year as well. As a part of the newest chapter of the said initiatives, the first consultative discussion was held on the 10th of October in partnership with Fridsro Disability Rights organisation. Key representatives of DPOs in Central province took part in this occasion while Mr. Saman Sri Ratnayake, Additional Election Commissioner attended this event as the main resource Person representing the Election Commission of Sri Lanka. The outcome document produced based on the information gathered at this consultative meeting, will be uploaded soon.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- 'Fulfill your duty and responsibility to the people', the March 12 Movement for Clean Politics asks of Parliamentar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 'CMEV is compiling a report urging that action be taken to immediately arrest the rising trend of islandwide incid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 'It was only in 2005 that approximately 200,000 eligible citizens had not been registered as electors, that too due… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Election observers invite all religious leaders to come forward in support of clean electoral candidates, who fulfi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Launch of the report of the Civil Society Committee to review the Provincial Council Election System. The report ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago