CMEV has been engaging in various initiatives of empowering disability organizations to achieve their political rights with special emphasis to voting rights of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and to create an inclusive discourse with that regard ensuring that the popular disability-related slogan ‘Nothing about us without us’ is given its true meaning. To this effect, CMEV has been conducting a series of programs aimed at the realization of the political / voting rights of the persons with disabilities in parallel with both national level elections held in the previous year as well. As a part of the newest chapter of the said initiatives, the first consultative discussion was held on the 10th of October in partnership with Fridsro Disability Rights organisation. Key representatives of DPOs in Central province took part in this occasion while Mr. Saman Sri Ratnayake, Additional Election Commissioner attended this event as the main resource Person representing the Election Commission of Sri Lanka. The outcome document produced based on the information gathered at this consultative meeting, will be uploaded soon.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- RT @sanjanah: The EC of #srilanka has been warned of the threats too, through @CMEV, late last year - long before the CA debacle. A ten-pag… 1 month ago
- RT @Amaliniii: Hey, hi, everyone. If you're being sent horribly racist posts/videos, break the damn chain & don't send it on further, for w… 1 month ago
- CMEV National Coordinator & March 12 Movement committee member @mgajanayake speaks about issues that arose during t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- 'Of the 47 post-election complaints received by CMEV, 26 are against the SLPP & 12 against the UNP.' #lka #LGpollSL… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- [email protected]mgajanayake speaks at the press conference for the March 12 Movement [1/3] #lka #SriLanka youtube.com/watch?v=vehgqi… 2 months ago