Contributing to the ongoing discussion on electoral reforms the Centre for Monitoring Election Violence organised a public discussion on the regulations of campaign finance in elections and on the declarations of asset and Liabilities, held at the River Side Resort, Badulla on 29th December 2016. The discussion was organised by CMEV in partnership with the Election Commission of Sri Lanka, Uva Shakthi Foundation, Paffrel and International IDEA and a number of Civil Society and political party Representatives attended this event. Assistant Commissioner of the Election Commission of Sri Lanka (Badulla) Mr. H.I.R. Hathurusinghe delivered the key note speech in this event. Mr. Jagath Liyanarachchi, Attorney-At- Law, Shan Wijethunga, Human Rights Activist, Manjula Gajanayake, National Co-ordinator, CMEV, and Nadesan Suresh, Chairman, Uva Shakthi Foundation were other speakers at this event.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- RT @sanjanah: The EC of #srilanka has been warned of the threats too, through @CMEV, late last year - long before the CA debacle. A ten-pag… 1 month ago
- RT @Amaliniii: Hey, hi, everyone. If you're being sent horribly racist posts/videos, break the damn chain & don't send it on further, for w… 1 month ago
- CMEV National Coordinator & March 12 Movement committee member @mgajanayake speaks about issues that arose during t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- 'Of the 47 post-election complaints received by CMEV, 26 are against the SLPP & 12 against the UNP.' #lka #LGpollSL… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- [email protected]mgajanayake speaks at the press conference for the March 12 Movement [1/3] #lka #SriLanka youtube.com/watch?v=vehgqi… 1 month ago