Contributing to the ongoing discussion on electoral reforms the Centre for Monitoring Election Violence organised a public discussion on the regulations of campaign finance in elections and on the declarations of asset and Liabilities, held at the River Side Resort, Badulla on 29th December 2016. The discussion was organised by CMEV in partnership with the Election Commission of Sri Lanka, Uva Shakthi Foundation, Paffrel and International IDEA and a number of Civil Society and political party Representatives attended this event. Assistant Commissioner of the Election Commission of Sri Lanka (Badulla) Mr. H.I.R. Hathurusinghe delivered the key note speech in this event. Mr. Jagath Liyanarachchi, Attorney-At- Law, Shan Wijethunga, Human Rights Activist, Manjula Gajanayake, National Co-ordinator, CMEV, and Nadesan Suresh, Chairman, Uva Shakthi Foundation were other speakers at this event.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- 'Fulfill your duty and responsibility to the people', the March 12 Movement for Clean Politics asks of Parliamentar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- 'CMEV is compiling a report urging that action be taken to immediately arrest the rising trend of islandwide incid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- 'It was only in 2005 that approximately 200,000 eligible citizens had not been registered as electors, that too due… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Election observers invite all religious leaders to come forward in support of clean electoral candidates, who fulfi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Launch of the report of the Civil Society Committee to review the Provincial Council Election System. The report ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago