The Centre for Monitoring Election Violence, as a member of the March 12th Movement (M12M), is organising a signature campaign in Badulla today. The vehicle parade of M12M has approached Badulla after a long march. And many of the religious / CSO / Political leaders are putting their signatures at this very moment at the function being held at Badulla town. The objective of this campaign is to obtaining 1 million signatures and to submit it to all political leaders, to put pressure on them requesting, not to give nominations to unsuitable candidates.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- 'CMEV and PAFFREL have prepared a report on limiting campaign finances for elections - it is now essential that thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- '@mgajanayake said the term of six provincial councils have lapsed and stressed the importance of conducting electi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- CMEV proposes that legislation limit campaign finances be discussed by Parliament, with comments from National Coor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @CPASL: Executive Director @PSaravanamuttu explains the grounds on which CPA filed papers to challenge President Sirisena's November 9th… 2 months ago
- '@mgajanayake added that the Committee must conclude its deliberation during the stipulate two month-period and dem… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago