The Election Commission celebrated Voters Day for the first time after they were established. The Chairman of the Election Commission insisted on the importance of an inclusive election and the strategies of the newly established Commission in getting the involvement of all marginalised groups in order to create an electoral process where no elector is to be left behind.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- 'Fulfill your duty and responsibility to the people', the March 12 Movement for Clean Politics asks of Parliamentar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 'CMEV is compiling a report urging that action be taken to immediately arrest the rising trend of islandwide incid… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 'It was only in 2005 that approximately 200,000 eligible citizens had not been registered as electors, that too due… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Election observers invite all religious leaders to come forward in support of clean electoral candidates, who fulfi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Launch of the report of the Civil Society Committee to review the Provincial Council Election System. The report ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago