Manjula Gajanayake, National Co-ordinator of CMEV, was invited to attend the programme ”Public Spacce” that’s aired weekly on ART TV which is a platform where current topics are discussed. Mr. Gajanayake spoke about the special features of the new election system which will be put into practice at the next local government election and about the method that will be used to select the representatives within this new system. Furthermore, he unveiled the observations of CMEV regarding the perceived reasons for the delay of the long-awaited Local Government Election and who are the responsible parties for the said delay.
Election Day Violence Map
Violence on the day of the General Election (17th August 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
Pre-Election Day Violence
Violence leading up to the Parliamentary Election on 17 August 2015, monitored and reported by the Centre for Monitoring Election Violence (CMEV).
Click here to access.
- As a part of the strategic plan 2017-2020 adopted by Election Commission of Sri Lanka, numerous training... fb.me/2f9UdsAdA 4 days ago
- Event organised by the #SriLanka Institute of Local Governance, 3pm today at the Viharamaha Devi Park. #LKA https://t.co/G3wAC4BbsB 6 days ago
- We call upon the government and TRCSL to instruct all ISPs to immediately suspend the blocking of Lanka E News.... fb.me/HdAjDVL5 1 week ago
- Committee appointed by the president to delimit the Provincial Council Electorates decided to hold meetings to... fb.me/QEdAZNfY 2 weeks ago
- Minister of Provincial Councils & Local Govt. signed gazette notification constituting number of members to Local G… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago