Manjula Gajanayake, National Co-ordinator of CMEV, was invited to attend the programme ”Public Spacce” that’s aired weekly on ART TV which is a platform where current topics are discussed. Mr. Gajanayake spoke about the special features of the new election system which will be put into practice at the next local government election and about the method that will be used to select the representatives within this new system. Furthermore, he unveiled the observations of CMEV regarding the perceived reasons for the delay of the long-awaited Local Government Election and who are the responsible parties for the said delay.
Election Day Incident Map
Incidents on the day of the Local Government Election (10th February 2015) as recorded by CMEV.
Click here to access the map.
- RT @sanjanah: Saw this 1st during 2018's #couplk twitter.com/sanjanah/statu… & more clearly in lead up to 2019's Presidential Election, which I… 1 day ago
- "EC unable to stop illegal campaigning – CMEV" –The Island, 23/03/2020 island.lk/index.php?page… #COVID19… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- "කොරෝනා වසංගත අවස්ථාවෙන් සමහර ඡන්ද අපේක්ෂකයෝ ප්රයෝජනය ගන්නවා – මංජුල ගජනායක" –LankaViews, 24/03/2020… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- [email protected]ECSriLanka asks all political parties & candidates to refrain from campaigning activities for #GenElecSL. It also… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Election Commission @ECSriLanka has gazetted that it will set a date after May 14 as the new date for #GenElecSL, a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago